Are you looking for your WordPress website to move to a new host server or other?
The greatest risk when a website is migrating to a new server is a data loss and potential downtime. In this guide step by step, we will show you how to migrate your WordPress site to a new host without downtime.
Important: Before we start, we would like to remind you that most hosting companies offer free WordPress migration services.
#Migrate WordPress to new hosting
If you do not report publicly, all you have to do is ask. It is usually free, but some can charge a small fee.
- If you’re stuck with a slow host, so you do not have to spend again in a short time.
- Here is what we recommend:
- For a reliable shared hosting, we recommend using Bluehost. WordPress.org officially recommends them. And with our Bluehost Coupon, We recommend you consult Siteground.
They have data centers in three different continents.
If you are looking for dedicated servers, we recommend consulting InMotion Hosting. Your business class servers and support are amazing.
After your new home purchase DO NOT install WordPress.
- We will be in a later step. For now, your new web hosting account must be empty, no file or a folder in your home directory.
- Install and activate the complement Duplicator frees on the site that you want to move.
- Duplicator is a free add we highly recommend. We’ve written in the past about Duplicator with your WordPress page to move to a new domain name without losing your SEO ranking.
However, this article will provide you with practical hints on how to use your WordPress page without using downtime.
- The process is similar, but this guide focuses on moving from its seat, while the other guide focuses on the change in a new domain (as described in Duplicator “packages in your WordPress administration area.
#Move WordPress site to root
The process is similar, but this guide focuses on moving from its seat, while the other guide focuses on the change in a new domain (as described in Duplicator “packages in your WordPress administration area.
- The process is similar, but this guide focuses on moving from its seat, while the other guide focuses on the change in a new domain as described in Duplicator “packages in your WordPress administration area.
- Make sure the scan results to download and click the Create button.
- The process may take several minutes, then leave open for the duration of the tab.
- Once completed, you must click the installer and click the button to download the package file. You will need two files.
Ow downloaded files and installation file; the next step is to load them into their new host.
new host via FTP. If you have never done this, check our beginner files by FTP to load WordPress to load.
Note: If you are configuring your FTP client to connect your new host, note that host. You must enter the IP address of your new host and not your domain.
- These files go to the new host instead of the old host With your FTP client, upload the file and installer.php .zip file to the root directory of your site.
Your new host, you must access the file in an installer.php browser.
- You can access the file to get a URL like this: Https://www.example.com/installer.php,
However, the problem is that this URL will take you to your old host, and get a 404 error. This is because your domain name continues to your old host-to-point point.
- People will usually tell you to change your domain name server and show you on your new host. However, this will cause users to see a broken Migrate site.
These changes allow you to access files on your new host with your domain name, while the rest of the world from the old host can access your site further. This ensures 100% availability.
#Move your database to a new host or server
- The first thing to do is to find the IP address of your new web hosting server. To find it, you must login the cPanel Control Panel and click on the link to expand the statistics on the left sidebar.
- This will expand the sidebar that displays information about the status of the server. The information you need to copy the common IP address.
In the next step, Windows users should go to programs »All Programs» Accessories right mouse button on the right click Editor and select Run as administrator. An indicator for the UAC window appears, and you must click Yes to start the editor with administrator rights.
- On the notebook screen, go »Open and then go to file C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc Select the host file and open it.
- Mac users should open the terminal application, and specify the hosts to edit this command file:
Sudo nano / / etc / hosts private,
- For Windows and Mac, at the bottom of the host file, type the IP address that you are copying and then type your domain name. I like these:
#All-in-one wp migration not working?
Which copied cPanel and example.com with your domain name. Save the changes and can now access files on the new host using your domain name on your computer.
Important: Do not forget to cancel the changes to the host file after migration. We are now ready to start the installation. Go to this address in the browser window to replace example.com with your domain name:
Https://www.example.com/installer.php it is time to create a database in cPanel.
- After you have created the database, you must enter the information in the database in the boxes below and click the login button If the installer does not connect to your database, check the values you entered earlier and make sure that they are correct.
- Once a connection to your database, scroll down to read the warnings and notes and verify what confirms that you have read the box. Then click on the conversion of the run button.
- The installation program will now import your database. The process may take a few minutes, keeping open for the duration of the tab.
- In step 2 of the installation, you are prompted to verify the old and new access to the URL paths. Make sure that it is correct and click Run to update the update to your URL. Make sure everything works by clicking on the buttons to work properly.
At this point, you have created a full copy of your WordPress database and new files on your hosting server. However, its continued market domination points to your old web hosting account.
To update your domain, you must change your DNS name servers. This saves the users the new location of your site when they write their dominance in their browsers.
If you have registered your domain with your hosting provider, it is best to transfer the domain to the new host. If you use a domain registrar like GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc., then you need to update your nameserver.
You will need the information the name of the new host server. This is usually a few,
how to change a DNS server using GoDaddy.
#Site from localhost to live server
Your domain registrar or web host can not reflect the screenshots on the configuration of your registrar or the web host. However, the basic concept is the same.
Just search in the area management area and then look for name servers. If you need help to update your name servers, you can ask your web hosting company.
- First, you must access your GoDaddy account and click the Start button next to the fields.
On the next screen, click your domain name. You will see the details of your domain and its nameserver. You must click the link to the name servers of the directors.
On the next screen, you will find a link to enter the custom name server.
Now that it has the same content on your old host and the new host, users will not see any difference. WordPress migration is perfect with absolutely no downtime.
To be sure, you can expect to cancel your old hosting account for seven days after their hike.
Wordpress will help its new host help with no downtime.
If you experience problems with your WordPress migration, then check out our guide for the most common mistakes and how to fix WordPress.